Water Testing Container?

Hi. Still in the process of building OpenROV with my students, but planning ahead. Any advice on choosing a container for testing? Since we have no pool on campus and nothing bigger than a 5 gallon bucket, I have to get something and thought I would ask for suggestions. Garbage can? Livestock trough? Pond form? Aquarium? Should it be transparent? We can go to a nearby pool or cement pond for sea trials, but what do you use on-site?

We have a big white polyethylene tank that looks like this. For smaller tests like to use salt water I put the ROV in a big plastic storage container that people usually use for keeping junk in their garage. A large livestock trough would be better though. It would be nice to be able to drive and turn just to try stuff out.

Thanks for the info!

We also like the framed pools on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Intex-12-Foot-30-Inch-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B000BVKO0E/ref=sr_1_1?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1397574058&sr=1-1

Easy to set up and great for testing performance. Big issue is having the space for a 12 ft diameter pool.

I had the 18 ft x 54" intex pool,they are great and cheap for how huge they are. The filter is nice as well and keeps the pool clean without much work, just add salt in the beginning.