Water protection for JXD Controller?

Hey
Just got the Trident and JXD Controller, now I wonder about the possibilities to get the controller protected against at least spray and light splashes.
My goal is to operate from a canoe, it is reasonably stable but safe is safe.
I am thinking about just putting the controller in some clear plastic bag. Any suggestions?

Waiting for delivery of Trident, just finalising my control and display arrangements.
There is no doubt that whichever solution is chosen it will incur a substantial financial outlay. In view of the inevitable exposure to water it seems sensible to take precautions to protect this investment, particularly here in the UK where sudden precipitation is an additional hazard.
I have acquired a used pair of Cinemizer goggles, a low cost Android tablet and a wireless Tronsmart G02 controller at a total cost of c. £300.00. Previous experience with my OpenROV 2.8 highlighted the difficulty of trying to operate in strong daylight conditions (hence the goggles), while any presence of rain almost always halted proceedings. With this in mind I have sourced a windowed waterproof glove protector for the controller (I think would also be suitable for use with the JXD). The Cinemizer goggles are not waterproof either so I plan to use with a (cheap), readily available face shield. The tablet can be sufficiently remote to be stored under cover or within a suitable equipment box. That’s the plan, roll on the delivery!