Video from the Sea of Cortez

Eric just posted another video from a dive in the Sea of Cortez. We posted it on OpenExplorer: http://openexplorer.com/expedition/seaofcortez

Also, a reminder: if you have an expedition or even a dive planned in your local lake, and you want to be one of the beta testers for OpenExplorer, fill out this form.

We've got a number of fun features and opportunities planned for the first batch!

Hi all
Looks like you had a good time. I couldn’t help noticing the wet suits. Is the water cold there. I’m off to Cabos this Sunday and am thinking I maybe should bring my shorty. Any good snorkelling spots you would recommend

We did plenty of swimming without wetsuits. Wetsuits just allow you to stay warmer on longer dives/swims.

Great footage some of the best captures to date that I have seen. Not sure what that hairy creature was in a blue bathing suite at the end of the video must be a new species :) I did notice the issue with the tether and I am going to try something that I came across in the hardware store used for weather sealing doors and windows. It looks like it is closed cell foam cord which is about 2 or 3 mils in Diameter and may be perfect to float or neutral buoyant the tether. If it works I will share the results and photo's.