I think we may be able to help out. If you are experiencing this problem follow these steps:
(1) Make sure you have the latest OpenROV Cockpit App.
-connect your device to the internet, head to Google Play, find the OpenROV App page and update should be available if there’s one
(2) Once you’ve got the latest app, connect your device to your Trident WiFi (make sure your batteries are full on both the device and Trident) and open the app as usual.
(3) Head to the “Maintenance” screen and check for update in the top left. You may have done this before but try it again anyway as we are constantly working with our service provider to fix things as they come up.
(4) Give it some time…maybe as much as 60 minutes. If you notice that things aren’t seeming to change on the update screen, try closing (not just minimizing) the app and reopening the app and checking for updates again.
If you get through all these steps and are still hung up that means we gotta get in there and fix it remotely. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you’ve tried these steps already. Give them the following information:
- Your Trident serial number on the bottom of Trident
- When you are typically available for a phone call / skype call
- Phone number / skype name depending on preference
Most of the time we can fix it pretty quickly and once it updates past this spot it should update from then on just fine.
Thanks in advance and reply here if you have any questions.