[EDIT - It works. Yes, you can use a 2.8 OpenROV with FPV goggles if they have an HDMI input. There may be other ways to get it to work, but this works for me. The setup is pretty intuitive, but scroll to the bottom if you want to see a picture of how I did it]
This image - entitled vr-control.png - is on the trident section of the OpenROV store, so we can safely assume that it will be possible to pilot the trident while wearing a headset. I’m getting sick of screen glare on the laptop while piloting my 2.8, and would love to also be able to use a VR headset. What I’m wondering is:
- Are any people out there already using headsets with 2.8 ROVs?
- if so, are they using the ones that require a cell phone or are they using FPV headsets like drone racers use
- is there a physical connection between the laptop and the headset - e.g. USB - or is it done via wireless network
- what software/firmware is needed to do this?
- if nobody is currently doing this, what would be necessary to pull it off?