Update The Cape

Hi

Is updating the cape totally necessary? Does this not ship with the board already programmed?

Im finding this insanely difficult to get working. Have BB updated and camera working, cape update keeps failing. I can't do manual as it's asking me to remove DIP chips but docent provide any kind of guide, still not sure which chip it's even talking about.

Also having issues getting the LEDs on the control board to show, power is in the board, but no LED's on

Any advice would really help!!!

This is the message that keeps repeating

undefinedstaging: build dir is /tmp/tmp.Htu6B2DMEv
staged src in to build folder
src/OpenROV.ino
Searching for Arduino lib version file (version.txt) ... /usr/share/arduino/lib/version.txt
Detecting Arduino software version ... 1.0.5 (1.0.5)
Scanning dependencies of src
Scanning dependencies of arduino
Scanning dependencies of EEPROM
Scanning dependencies of SPI
Scanning dependencies of Wire
src/Pilot.cpp
src/MinIMU_matrix.cpp
src/MPU9150Lib.cpp
src/controllerboard25.cpp
src/controllerboard25.cpp:20:15: error: 'A8' was not declared in this scope
make: *** [.build/uno/src/controllerboard25.o] Error 1
Searching for Board description file (boards.txt) ... /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/boards.txt
Searching for Arduino lib version file (version.txt) ... /usr/share/arduino/lib/version.txt
Detecting Arduino software version ... 1.0.5 (1.0.5)
Searching for Arduino core library ... /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino
Searching for Arduino standard libraries ... /usr/share/arduino/libraries
Searching for Arduino variants directory ... /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/variants
Searching for make ... /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/make
Searching for avr-gcc ... /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-gcc
Searching for avr-g++ ... /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++
Searching for avr-ar ... /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-ar
Searching for avr-objcopy ... /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-objcopy
Make failed with code 2
firmware-build.sh: : Compile of the Arduino image failed.
firmware-installfromsource.sh: Building Firmware Failed! Aborting

Quick clarification. I want to confirm you are using the controllerboard and not an older kickstarter kit that had the "cape" which was the board that fit on top of the white beagle bone.

-Brian

Hi!

Yes Im using the controller board on v2.5 which is connected to beagle bone black via the ethernet.

So there is no 'cape'? I was getting really confused trying to find solutions in the guides...