Update Script errors

I have some Problems with th update script.

1. update script line 5:

/opt/openrov/updatelinux.sh
the is no such file part of the git directory.

2nd: than the update script has generates some errors:

the npm install fails with
gyp ERR! clean error
gyp ERR! stack Error: EPERM, chmod 'build'
gyp ERR! System Linux 3.2.33-psp26
gyp ERR! command "node" "/opt/node/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/bin/node-gyp.js" "rebuild"
gyp ERR! cwd /opt/openrov/node_modules/serialport
gyp ERR! node -v v0.8.15
gyp ERR! node-gyp -v v0.7.1
gyp ERR! not ok
npm ERR! serialport@1.1.1 install: `node-gyp rebuild`
npm ERR! `sh "-c" "node-gyp rebuild"` failed with 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the serialport@1.1.1 install script.
npm ERR! This is most likely a problem with the serialport package,
npm ERR! not with npm itself.
npm ERR! Tell the author that this fails on your system:
npm ERR! node-gyp rebuild
npm ERR! You can get their info via:
npm ERR! npm owner ls serialport
npm ERR! There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! System Linux 3.2.33-psp26
npm ERR! command "/opt/node/bin/node" "/opt/node/bin/npm" "install"
npm ERR! cwd /opt/openrov
npm ERR! node -v v0.8.15
npm ERR! npm -v 1.1.66
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Additional logging details can be found in:
npm ERR! /opt/openrov/npm-debug.log
npm ERR! not ok code 0
edit: -> This Problem is a right Problem. A Easy way to solve this is go to opt/openrov an give right to all directorys.
sudo chmod -R 777 *

3. and if i call the /firmware-install.sh

i got some error messages:
mv: cannot stat `/tmp/tmp.ULxjsHaBhN/src/Device.cpp': No such file or directory
sed: can't read /tmp/tmp.ULxjsHaBhN/src/Device.cpp.template: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove `/tmp/tmp.ULxjsHaBhN/src/Device.cpp.template': No such file or directory

Did you have any luck? I've been beating my head through the forum for a couple days trying to this thing going...

I've twice rebuilt the software from the image posted here: http://wiki.openrov.com/index.php/Installing_The_Software

and have run the update script (twice)....

With just the base image installed I can connect to cockpit and control the lights but after running the updates I can connect to cockpit but I can't seem to control the lights anymore. I only have one motor connected (looking to set the correct direction before finishing the molex female pins)

I pulled the chip and put it in an Arduino Uno and uploaded the updates but that didn't help either. I've been through lots of the forum threads and nothing seems to work.

In the end the problem seems to being that the Bbone isn't talking to the Arduino.

About to try one last time from scratch, I'll post my update fails as I go this time around ... if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks everyone,

Urban

The linuxscript should not have gotten checked in. Comment it out for now. Be sure to run the update scipt using the sudo command so that all the right permissions are in place.

If you want to install firmware from the command line:

1) "sudo /etc/init.d/openrov stop" to turn off the node process and release the serial connection.

2) "sudo /opt/openrov/linux/arduino/firmware-installfromsource.sh" (which will take the local arduino code, copy it to a temp folder, compile it, and then upload it to the arduino.