Unable to connect to ROV 2.8 after IMU installation

I just finished my 2.8 build last week and everything worked fine the first time I plugged it in. Then I installed the depth/heading IMU and I can no longer connect to the ROV. Lights flash in the ROV (including the lasers), but the dashboard never comes up and the browser times out.
I have search the forums and it looks like other people have had this problem and the fix has something to do with updating some firmware, but I don’t know how to do that. Can you send me a link to the instructions I need?
Thanks,
J. Jay Forbes
Cape Coral, FL

@j.jay.forbes,
How old is your OROV 2.8?
The latest firmware that comes pre-installed on the BBB that comes with the OROV 2.8 is already setup for the IMU/Depth sensor if the Cockpit detects it during startup.
I assume that you used the Cockpit to load the latest firmware to the Arduino Shield from the BBB?
I assume that you double checked the wiring from the harness to the IMU/Depth Sensor module to make sure it is wired correctly?
I assume that the OROV batteries are fully charged during your startup test?
If your wiring is correct to the IMU/Depth Sensor module, you might want to detach the IMU/Depth Sensor module from the wire harness and see if you can get the Cockpit to startup. If so, then you might want to use the Cockpit to load the latest firmware to the Arduino Shield from the BBB. Then reattach the IMU/Depth Sensor module and see if the Cockpit will startup.
If you are still having issues, you might want to bring your OROV over to my place in Ft. Lauderdale some weekend as I have a test bench setup that includes the three brushless motors and an IMU/Depth Sensor module.
I really love Sanibel/Captiva and plan to run my Hybrid ROV off of Jensens Landing this coming summer.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

My serial number is 2754. I have just installed an SD card with the latest firmware - no help. I can’t use the cockpit to load the Arduino because the ROV won’t respond. I really don’t want to cut the IMU wires if I can avoid it because they aren’t long enough to re-solder without splicing (klugy). The batteries are fully charged and the wires are correct. Anything else I can try?
Thanks,
J. Jay Forbes

@j.jay.forbes,
In that case, I would put in support request at OROV: support@openrov.com.
Regards,
TCIII AVD