Unable to Connect to OpenROV v2.6 (Connection Timed Out)

I bought the OpenROV v2.6 (#967) over a year ago but just got serious building it within the past month or two. I recently finished building it and I attempted to connect to the ROV. I went to Control Panel>Network and Internet>Network and Sharing Center>Change Adapter Settings>right clicked on Local Area Connection>Properties and changed the IP address to 192.168.254.2 and the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0. After that I connected the ROV’s Ethernet and USB cables to my laptop and the green power light and the orange ethernet light turned on and after a few moments two solid green and orange lights turned on in the ROV. I typed in the IP Address on the newest version of Chrome (192.168.254.1:8080) and the connection timed out after almost a minute of loading. What is it that could be wrong or that I’m doing wrong that could cause this?

I assume that you waited a couple of minutes before trying to connect? The “blue Cylon” lights need to be going on the beagelbone for connectivity to work.

A starting guide to troubleshoot can be found here: Troubleshooting: Cannot connect to ROV