Well, it seems like we started a trend. More and more projects are seeing the power of combining the single-board computers with an Arduino. The UDOO is taking that trend to the next level, and they're off to a strong start on Kickstarter.
Here are the specs:
UDOO is a very powerful board based on dual or quad core ARM cortex-A9 CPU with great performance both on Android and Linux OS, and a dedicated ARM processor for the GPIO.
- Freescale i.MX 6 ARM Cortex-A9 CPU Dua/Quad core 1GHz
- Integrated graphics, each processor provides 3 separated accelerators for 2D, OpenGL® ES2.0 3D and OpenVG™
- Atmel SAM3X8E ARM Cortex-M3 CPU (same as Arduino Due)
- RAM DDR3 1GB
- 54 Digital I/O + Analog Input (Arduino-compatible R3 1.0 pinout)
- HDMI and LVDS + Touch (I2C signals)
- Ethernet RJ45 (10/100/1000 MBit)
- WiFi Module
- Mini USB and Mini USB OTG
- USB type A (x2) and USB connector (requires a specific wire)
- Analog Audio and Mic
- SATA (Only Quad-Core version)
- Camera connection
- Micro SD (boot device)
- Power Supply (5-12V) and External Battery connector
UDOO is an open-source hardware project, all the schematics will be available on the UDOO web site licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike license.