Troubleshooting: No Motor activity

UPDATED

I have just received my Trident, and I can connect to successfully it using my Android phone - I can see video, record video, turn the lights on or off, but I cannot make the motors turn. No position of the (virtual) joysticks produces any result.

Does anyone have any advice on what I can try to get this working? I’d love to be able to drive this thing around!

Thanks,

Ben

UPDATE: This appears to be caused by an incompatibility between the OpenROV Cockpit app and Android 9. Everything works as expected when using an Android 8.1 device.

Hey Ben, what input device are you using on the Android 9 device. An external controller? Touchscree?

Thanks,

It’s a touchscreen. I’m using my phone without any external controller.

There’s an odd doubling of text when using the virtual joysticks too, which I expect is also related to version incompatibilities.

Ben

oh that’s strange…Can you try again after you disable bluetooth and cellular data? Like on airplane mode? Still the same problem?

Z

I did try with both bluetooth and mobile data disabled, and it still didn’t work.

I just now tried it using airplane mode (only with wi-fi enabled, obviously) and that doesn’t solve the issue either.

-B