Trident WiFi Buoy

I did a Forum Search, but could not find a suitable answer, therefore will the Trident WiFi Buoy be available for the original OpenROV ROVs?
Regards,
TCIII AVD

I would be nice! but even if not you can make the end of the Wifi tether system, i recently did it for mine works a treat http://openrov.dozuki.com/Guide/How+to+build+a+WiFi+enabled+Tether+Management+System/59

@Teaguey,
Thanks for the link to the WiFi enabled tether management, which I have seen before, but I am interested in a floating buoy WiFi connection that will help to reduce the tether length necessary to survey a specific area.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

I would bet so. I haven’t heard any official word from the engineering team yet, but it would be pretty awesome. I’d monitor this thread and maybe reply-to (other folks out there) if you have a specific use case or idea that would really benefit from this as a standalone or upgrade product.

Thanks!
Zack

Can any of the OpenROV Developers/Engineers respond to my question?
Regards,
TCIII AVD

Zack responded above to your question. Let us know if you have additional questions.

Update: While it’s still hard to say for sure on that, I did talk to Eric and Walt on Wednesday. Both of them feel that any tech developed for Trident and would be useful for the 2-series should make it’s way over to that platform. Probably first as a hack/mod to the Trident product. I’d imagine that the dev team, in keeping with the spirit of the 2-series, will encourage and support this.

Z

Hi Zack,
Thanks for the encouraging words, much appreciated.
Regards,
TCIII AVD