This is a question in particular to mr. TCIII but an answer from anyone would mean a lot

I was thinking of using a servo to control the rotation of the rov. I plan to use 4 thrusters for the motion but the rotation seems to be quite a problem for me.

@faraz.nisar1,

Please define “rotation.” Do you mean in the horizontal plane or in the vertical plane?

The OROV 2.8 is already capable of rotation (Yaw) in the horizontal plane so do you mean the vertical plane (Pitch)?

You could use a servo to rotate the existing vertical servo, but it would require chassis modifications that might not be easy to implement.

You might consider putting a small thruster at the rear of the OROV chassis that could be used to rotate (Pitch) the chassis about its lateral axis.

Regards,
TCIII AVD

I meant horizontal rotation. Im using blue robotics t100 thrusters for thr primary movements. What small thruster can i get, would you be kind enough to give me a link to one. Thanks

@faraz.nisar1,

If you are using two BR T100 Thrusters for forward propulsion, like the OROV 2.8, then you already have the capability of turning (yawing) in the horizontal plane by using the two T100 thrusters. By reversing the thrust of one T100 Thruster relative to the other T100 thruster the chassis will yaw towards the direction of the reversed thruster and vice versa. Therefore you do not need an additional thrusters to be able to yaw in the horizontal plane.

Regards,
TCIII AVD