The T100 Thruster Kickstarter is Live!

Hello!

Just a friendly reminder, the BlueRobotics T100 Thruster Kickstarter is live now! We designed the T100 for projects like the OpenROV that require a capable but affordable thruster.

Part of the Kickstarter campaign is an OpenROV Compatible Thruster Kit that includes three thrusters. One of the thrusters is modified specifically for the vertical position in the OpenROV and includes some extra mounting hardware to make that easy to mount.

Please check it out and consider backing us! We need your help!

You can back the Kickstarter here.

Thanks!

- Rusty, Joe, and Josh from BlueRobotics

This is awesome!!!

Backing it!

Backing it!
Exciting kit!

So if they get the integrated ESC stretch goal will the stock firmware work or will there need to be an update? It would be awesome to add another thruster to the open ROV design and have “strafing” capability. I’m thinking of making my vertical thrusters “vertical translation thrusters” since I wouldn’t have to worry about ESC space in the PV.

Looks like they chose to do another design instead. Check their BlueRov. It will come with 3-4 thrusters.

Hey guys,

@Troy - I imagine that the stock firmware will work. These ESCs can use PWM signals just like any other ESC including the ones included with the OpenROV kit.

@Benoit - The BlueROV actually has 6 thrusters. That gives you six degrees of freedom meaning you can roll, pitch, yaw, and move forward/backward, strafe side-to-side, and move up/down.

Thanks for checking it out and backing us!

-Rusty