Struggling with DP-25 Connector and S bend of wire bundle

I'm working in salt-water and am trying to avoid water intrusion, many fresh-water users report water intrusion as a given with the current design. The fresh-water guys can pickup and keep going after a flood, however my stuff will be broken for good I suspect. Wither it be wicking down the wires or a bad seal, or epoxy pulling out from around the wires a bit I'm trying to compensate for it. That said...

1. Standard instructions

a. this works but it is very tight, my acrylic was actually stripping wire insulation off my outer most wires

b. there is no instruction for sealing the wires in the event that they cause wicking.

c. I ended up developing a short between the battery and motor pins after potting.

2. The second try I used marine heat-shrink and solder paste (10x) stronger than solder. One wire put a lot of pressure on the acrylic and prevented the servo from moving the camera (too much off center force from wire). A lot of bending wires made a better but not sufficient fit. Then the pins pulled out of the DB-25

I looked into the 90 degree DP-25 pin connectors but it points the wrong way UP instead of down, would have to flip over the DP-25 pin on the board.

I'm working on my third try at soldering this thing. The problem seems to be that we have to make the wire bundle coming from the connector bend in an S shape (toward the middle then back around to the side to run alongside the beaglebone header.

It would be nice if the DP-25 was somewhere the wire bundle could just run down along electronics rather then having to make specific bends everywhere. Perhaps using the yellow wire mesh thing inside would help.

I made some of my wires to the DB25 (the "outside" ones) a little longer than the spec. That allows be to spread out the wires instead of having them bundled up in a semi-rigid cord. Worked pretty well.

I have also found that if you bend the wires 90 degrees prior to soldering them on they are less likely to detach from the DB-25 connector (you don't need to bend them as much when they are cold).