Sourcing power supplies Middle Europe

power

Hey there,

i spent a lot of time looking for the power supplies and for some reason all European amazon’s don’t ship the correct batteries anymore. After some further investigation i found this decent (German) website that offers the batteries:

http://www.akkukaufhaus.de/akkus/einzelzellen/lifepo4/640/sonderangebot-3-volt-3-3v-3-3ah-26650-lifepo4-h2ole-akku-durchmesser-aehnlich-a123

On the webpage it is stated the nominal voltage is 3,0 Volt (3,3V). I am not entirely sure why it is stated this way, but as far as i understand, all LiFePo4 come with pretty much the same voltages. Am I correct in guessing these batteries will work ?

I will make an update for the charger!

Thanks a lot

Germany Europe Sources

These batteries should work fine- if they’re LiFePO4, they’re going to be about 3.2V nominally. The important thing to check is that the batteries can handle the maximum discharge current required by the ROV, which is about 10 Amps. If my German is correct, it looks like that’s what the batteries are rated for.

Yes, they do fit the specification. They are pretty affordable then, that is good news. They also ship to most of Europe, just in case anyone else here is interested!

Hey,
thanks for the hint. i also searched a lot of stores for the right batteries in Germany but wasn’t really successful. And the ones you found are really affordable.

Did you also find a good charger? May a 4 or even 6 slot one?

Cheers

yeah, it took me a long time as well to find these. And for the first test, they worked perfectly fine, and the store is very friendly too.

I order this charger: http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00V0AQYPY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It is unfortunately not so cheap, but i hope it does the job well. Finding chargers for the LiFe combi was not that easy. It should arrive tomorrow, and i will make a quick update how i like it.

EDIT: The charger arrived and looks and works fine. Two drawbacks, it shipped with an UK-plug and the shop is going to send me (free of charge) an additional adapter in order to use it here, secondly it only allows two 26650 batteries to be charged at the same time, as the slots are too small. This was not stated at amazon, and about this I have also contacted the shop, lets see what they come up with.

Hey there,

i spent a lot of time looking for the power supplies and for some reason all European amazon’s don’t ship the correct batteries anymore. After some further investigation i found this decent (German) website that offers the batteries:

http://www.akkukaufhaus.de/akkus/einzelzellen/lifepo4/640/sonderangebot-3-volt-3-3v-3-3ah-26650-lifepo4-h2ole-akku-durchmesser-aehnlich-a1235

On the webpage it is stated the nominal voltage is 3,0 Volt (3,3V). I am not entirely sure why it is stated this way, but as far as i understand, all LiFePo4 come with pretty much the same voltages. Am I correct in guessing these batteries will work ?

I will make an update for the charger!

Thanks a lot

Will these batteries work with TrustFire chargers?

I would assume they do, but I am not an expert in battery configuration. Any guess why they should not?

@Tobias_Ehn I received a small refund in this matter, but i think now it is no longer available through this link. However, the “Nitecore Digicharger D4” is also available through other channels. It can only handle two batteries (even though having 4 (too small) slots). So far it works perfectly fine!

Any update on the charger…?
Is not possible to charge 4 batteries with wiring instead of putting them into the slots…?
I have also ordered the batteries you mentioned, they work fine…are they??

Thks

Roel

I think that charging four batteries with a small cable bridge would be easily possible. However, as the entire charging process is quite complex, I am not sure how a cable bridge would influence the chargers ability to correctly accomplish the charge process (maybe it misleads its readings etc.)

The batteries however tend to last very long! And usually charging a pair of two after an average dive does only take 2 hours so I normally take the time to charge the pair wise.

I can definitely recommend the batteries! I am extremely happy with their performance so far.

Thank you, I have found another charger…see other thread…
But first I have to finish my Rov…

Roel

Excellent! How is the built going?

Almost finished… Piece of cake due to the excellent kit!
Have to wait for the batteries now…

Or can I start it up, the interface , with a power supply for the arduiono…?
USB ?

Roel

Impressive! That was very quick! Glad to hear that everything went well.

I do not think that is an official solution. But if you have a variable power supply available, you could simply imitate the batteries at their contacts.

Hi, ( what’s your name by the way…)

I made the rov very relaxed… I think it’s easy possible within a weekend…

I thought just powering the electronics with 9 V…

I better wait…

Roel