[solved] Updating arduino firmware

solved
software

Hi

I got a OpenROV 2.8 set and my software version is openrov-rov-suite - 30.0.3-jessie.204.531b22c. I am based in Denmark and using a Windows 8.1 laptop

I got to the point where I need to adjust the lasers, however I cannot control the ROV from the cockpit (however i can press ‘F’ to show FPS counter and ‘E’ to show the HUD, however I cannot click any of the options) but none of the controls of the ROV are working.

I tried lurking around the forums to find an answer and the most promising thing was to update the firmware of the arduino. I tried using the cockpit button and ssh using PuTTy. I have tried fully recharging the batteries, rebooting (removing power plug and reinserting).

The PuTTy log is shown below.

"unpacking
staging: build dir is /tmp/tmp.qVPLYnvCwk
staged src in to build folder

staging plugins
unpacked into folder /tmp/tmp.qVPLYnvCwk
compilling in /tmp/tmp.qVPLYnvCwk
mv: cannot stat ‘/tmp/tmp.qVPLYnvCwk/src/Device.cpp’: No such file or directory
sed: can’t read /tmp/tmp.qVPLYnvCwk/src/Device.cpp.template: No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove ‘/tmp/tmp.qVPLYnvCwk/src/Device.cpp.template’: No such file or directory
Searching for Board description file (boards.txt) … /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/boards.txt
Searching for Arduino lib version file (version.txt) … /usr/share/arduino/lib/version.txt
Detecting Arduino software version … 1.0.5 (1.0.5)
Searching for Arduino core library … /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino
Searching for Arduino variants directory … /usr/share/arduino/hardware/arduino/variants
Searching for Arduino standard libraries … /usr/share/arduino/libraries
Searching for make … /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/make
Searching for avr-gcc … /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-gcc
Searching for avr-g++ … /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-g++
Searching for avr-ar … /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-ar
Searching for avr-objcopy … /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avr-objcopy
src/OpenROV.ino
Searching for Arduino lib version file (version.txt) … /usr/share/arduino/lib/version.txt
Detecting Arduino software version … 1.0.5 (1.0.5)
Scanning dependencies of src
Scanning dependencies of arduino
Scanning dependencies of EEPROM
Scanning dependencies of SPI
src/CCape.cpp
src/LibMPU.cpp
src/CModule.cpp
src/NModuleManager.cpp
src/CPin.cpp
src/CAutopilot_STD.cpp
src/LibMPU_Vector3.cpp
src/CMS5803_XX.cpp
src/CAltServo.cpp
src/NDataManager.cpp
src/LibMPU_Calibration.cpp
src/LibMPU_DriverLayer.cpp
src/CMS5803_XXBALib.cpp
src/LibMPU_Quaternion.cpp
src/CPIDController.cpp
src/CMotor.cpp
src/CServo.cpp
src/CCalibrationLaser.cpp
src/CAutopilot_EXP.cpp
src/CMPU9150.cpp
src/CDeadManSwitch.cpp
src/Device.cpp
src/CLights.cpp
src/CI2C.cpp
src/CControllerBoard.cpp
src/CControllerBoard.cpp:29:18: error: ‘A8’ was not declared in this scope
int temppin = A8;
^
.build/uno/Makefile:356: recipe for target ‘.build/uno/src/CControllerBoard.o’ failed
make: *** [.build/uno/src/CControllerBoard.o] Error 1
Make failed with code 2
firmware-build.sh: : Compile of the Arduino image failed.
firmware-installfromsource.sh: Building Firmware Failed! Aborting"

Thank you reaching out to our support team as well.

Did you solve this issue? I am having the same issue and cannot get passed it. Thanks!

Apparently the problem was a defect board. I reached out to the support team which helped me further. I suggest you do the same!

Thanks Christian. Yes, they just informed me of the issue. I’m all set now! Thanks and best of luck with your ROV!

2 posts were split to a new topic: Arduino software fails to compile with a missing A8 pin message