Hey fellow OpenROV enthusiasts! After wrestling with this problem for awhile, I must concede that I need help. Details: http://rayhightower.dev/blog/2014/08/19/openrov-assembly-challenges/
Summary of Symptoms
With the cockpit software running and attached to the OpenROV:
- If I turn on any of the three ESCs, two of the motors (vertical and port) start running at full blast. The starboard motor remains stationary.
- While the V and P motors continue to run at full blast, the starboard motor responds to the cockpit slider controls as expected: +1 makes S run full blast on one direction, -1 sends S full blast in the other direction, and 0 stops the S motor completely. During this exercise, V and P continue at full blast.
- Turning off the ESC stops the V and P motors.
- When I turn on any of the ESCs, the camera servo jumps slightly, about 10 degrees. And then the V and P motors run full blast.
When the cockpit software is not running (and the Google Chrome browser is completely closed):
- Turning on an ESC has no effect on the motors.
- The camera servo jumps slightly, about 10 degrees, as it did with the cockpit software running. But the motors remain stationary.
More details and previous troubleshooting steps are here: