[SOLVED] Did Tenda Communication Board Layout Change?

My name is Teddy, and I am building an openROV 2.6 to aid with GIS mapping and assessment of coral health.

I am on step #60 - attaching the Tenda communication board to the control board.

The pins on the communication board fit the plug locations on the control board…however, when mine is plugged in, the ethernet jack is facing away from the ESCs, rather than toward them as in the picture.

The component layout I see facing up on my Tenda communication board is also different from that in the picture.

Is it possible the layout and plug position changed, but the pin locations stayed the same?

Is it ok that my ethernet jack faces the opposite direction?

Thanks!

Hi Teddy,

On Versions 2.6 and 2.7 the Ethernet jack does face away from the ESC’s (as shown in step # 61). On Version 2.8, the Ethernet jacks are adjacent to the ESC’s as you describe. Also, the schematic and layout of the 2.8 board is substantially different. If you are building a “standard” 2.6 kit, make sure you are referencing 2.6 instructions and schematics.

At one time, I think there was another issue with two different versions of Tenda P200 Plugin adapters as shown here, mostly from folks who bought their own:

Does your P200 extracted board properly fit the topside adapter board? If so, you should be good to go.

Hope this helps, and good luck with your build.

Howard P.

Thank you for also reaching out to us through our support channel. I am glad we were able to get the issue solved.

Just to close this thread, and have information for future reference. The Tenda changed between OpenROV versions 2.5 and 2.6. It is possible to modify the 2.6 controller board to accept the old Tenda, but out of the box you need the Tenda version that matches your ROV version.