Solidworks Files for OpenROV 2.5

Hi All,

I'm working on putting together an OpenROV 2.5 Kit with a research partner at my university (I'm a Mechanical Engineering Student). we have made some changes to the design of the endcaps to suit our needs, and I was hoping to do some simulated test fitting in solidworks. I was wondering if anyone has a solidworks file for the OPENROV2.5 kit, or even just the outer shell and internal support structure, if not I can start them myself, I just don't want to reinvent the wheel if this exists somewhere!

Thanks,

Nathan

Hi Natham:

I have already built that solidworks model.

Tell me how can I share it with you.

Regards

Are the files to large to upload as a zip file here in the thread? if so then we can try and do it another way.

Nathan

The zipped file is 5Mb long.

Anyway ... How do I attach a file here ?

PD: I'll be out during weekend. Seeya on Monday.

just hit reply and below the text input box on the left hand side there is a link that says "upload files"

OK. trying to attach it.

Note:

As for working into nozzles a Kort propeller works better, this model is fitted with three KORT 5 blades propellers.

Anyway, a Graupner 2308.65 model is included (Gussed blade profile NACA9504)

All parts have matherial and respective weights assigned.

Battery cylinders as well as motors, have been assigned a material wich averaged density returns the correct weights.

All parts and assambly are included.

Regards

OK. trying to attach it.

Note:

Three Zip files in three posts

As for working into nozzles a Kort propeller works better, this model is fitted with three KORT 5 blades propellers.

Anyway, a Graupner 2308.65 model is included (Guessed blade profile NACA9504) Had to remove it. Ask if needed.

All parts have matherial and respective weights assigned.

Battery cylinders as well as motors, have been assigned a material wich averaged density returns the correct weights.

Matherial mechanical properties adjusted.

All parts and assambly are included.

Regards

PD: Hope this can help

1095-OpenROV1.zip (4.6 MB)

Second file

Two of three (Had to cut again)

1094-OpenROV2.zip (1.87 MB)

Third and main file

1093-OpenROV3.zip (4.03 MB)

Hi all,

I can not open files solidworks, I have a 2002-2003 version.

which version of solidworks are you using?

cordially

Hi perro85:

SLDW 2013

I'll try exporting to a more standard file format. May be .STEP

Files that can only be opened with one software/one version are not useful.

Will you be able to use .STEP ?

Regards

Hi ion,

I do not know if the. STEP is compatible. I'll try to find a version of solidworks 2013. thank you for the answer

Let me Know

Regards

Hello,

I am also very interested in the solidworks files, but I have version 2001. Unfortunately i can not open the STEP-files on github.
Would it be possible to export SolidWorks files in version 2001?

Regards

I believe all the files (at least for 2.5) are in .ipt now, autodesk inventor. I would be surprised if you couldn't import .ipt into SolidWorks.

I've also read that the .STP is already on Github.