Solar/Power Bank Charging

Hi All,

Does anyone know if Trident can be charged from a Solar Panel or from a Power Pack for when you are away from mains power?

What is the input voltage/ampage needed to charge Trident and what is the capacity of the built in battery?

Many thanks.

My unit is at home right now so can’t double check the specs on the charger but typical chargers like this are in the range of 60-100 Watts and will not be power factor corrected so you will need a 300 Watt inverter minimum due to the high current pulses. I would recommend a pure sine wave inverter, just in case and for longevity.

The charger has a universal input at 120 or 240 VAC, refer to the specs. I would not recommend going direct DC for charging, Lithium batteries can be fickle and not using the supplied charger is a recipe for disaster.

Using a 100 Watt solar panel charging a battery (your inverter attached to the battery) assuming optimal solar conditions it should be more than enough to charge the 95 Wh capacity battery (refer to the specs).

I am also very interested in charging Trident from a nominal 12v supply and suspect there will soon be a way to achieve this.

I have recently purchased a programmable dc-dc battery charger (www.master-instruments.com.au/products/63158/CH-TSB003PCBR5.html) for a related project that uses batteries similar to Trident and suspect this charger could also be programmed to suit Trident.

I have easy access to mains power for the time being however I plan to charge Trident from a remote power supply including from solar and other supplies.

Options for charging in a car would also be good. I guess using an inverter would be the way to go in cars too.