Sidescan fishfinder

I am looking to buy a fishfinder with side scan capability to transom mount on my boat to help me locate interesting seabed features, to further explore with my Trident ROV.
The range and choice of side scan fishfinders however is quite bewildering.

Can anyone recommend one which could achieve the following:

• Marine use.
  • Seabed depth - approx. 40m to 90m.
  • Less than £1000
  • I am interested in seabed detail.
  • Ability to save/playback scans.
  • If possible, export scans - either just to save as images, or potentially as data to build detailed 3d maps.

Thank you

1 Like

Tim,
You might add the Garmin Echomap 73sv or 74sv to your review list. Either will meet and exceed your requirements, I believe, including pricing.
Best, Howard P.

2 Likes

@Tim-H I was looking at the Garmin STRIKER Plus 9sv With CV52HW-TM Transducer.

@Howard_Pippen Do you know what the difference is between the Garmin Echomap 73sv and the Garmin STRIKER Plus 9sv With CV52HW-TM Transducer is?

~Michael

1 Like

I believe the Striker Plus series is a stripped down version of the Echomap Plus series. Both series use the same CV 52HW-TM transducer. Best bet is to just go online to compare features and prices to your specs.

2 Likes

I’ve had good luck with the Humminbird. First the 797, then 998. Haven’t tried the Helix, but they get better with each model.
I now he’s a Deep Vision but way more money.

1 Like

Thanks for all the advice.
Does anyone know of any software for Mac which can import and view side scan data from any of the above popular fish finder brands?

If you can stretch your budget a little, the Garmin panoptic livevu can use a forward looking transducer. This would allow a complex view of the structure forward of the vessel, and would also allow you to pick up the trident in relation to it.
I don’t have information on prices where you are, but it may be worth investigating.

1 Like