Servo is activated when the escs are on

electronics

The servo arm on my rov is activated when the esc controllers are on. When I turn the esc controllers off, it stops operating. Any reason why this may be?

Thanks,

Charlie

Hi Charlie:

The camera tilt servo on the ROV is powered by the Battery Eliminator Circuit (BEC) on the ESCs. If all the ESCs are switched off, then no power is sent to the tilt servo.

-W

Hey Walt,
Thank you for the reply. My issue is that the servo rotates uncontrollably with the ESCs on. Does this have anything to do with the fact that I have yet to program the ESCs?

Thanks,

Charlie

No, but maybe you’ve got some hardware issue. I’d start by checking that you’ve got the servo plugged into the correct connector slot (it should be in D11 if I recall correctly).

When you say “rotates uncontrollably”, what exactly do you mean? The servo can only go so far in one direction or the other. It shouldn’t spin around in complete circles. If it’s doing this, then you have a defective servo. Get yourself a new one off of Amazon or at your local hobby shop.

If you mean that it moves too far to one side, then you just need to undo the screw that holds the servo horn, and reposition the servo horn on the servo.

-W