Serial Number

Perhaps I'm being impatient, but how long does it normally take to get a serial number? I sent out a request last Tuesday. I'm waiting to cut my shell -- I've got everything else cut out and mostly assembled. I'm ready to rock and roll as soon as I get that number.

Hey Michael,

I'm very sorry for the long response.. we've gotten a little bit confused with what the latest existing serial number already issued is and are trying to get that straightened out. Please give us a few more days to confirm this for you.

Sorry about that!

Eric

No problem. Thanks for the response Eric!

Hi, good people of OpenROV! I, too, sent a request to openrov@gmail.com and info@openrov.com, it’s been about 3 weeks now with no response. It’s already built and operational, though a serial number will give me an excuse to make a new, shell (bending polypropylene without proper equipment is tricky!).

Am I doing the right thing asking for a serial number? Thanks in advance!

@ilebedev You are definitely doing the right thing asking for a serial number! We want everyone to feel a part of our community and have a unique way to identify their vehicle. You can send me an email at support@openrov.com and we will get one to you right away. This is the most direct way to contact us.

Do you have pictures from your build?

Thanks!

I have a few pictures, though not much of a build log. I shall write up my experiences building the ROV from largely-scavanged materials in a few days :smiley: