I am considering sealing my battery tubes semi-permanently, with hot glue (or other). I would use a connector (similar to the one I use for my tether) to connect the batteries to the ROV. It would then be disconnected from the ROV and plugged into the charger.
- Less likely to leak (from stray cat hair. or your own legit cat’s hair) This is the big one for me as I have lost a number of batteries to salt water. If the water gets under the positive end of the battery, it is hard to wash all the corrosion out and it slowly kills the battery, dropping it voltage below the minimum.
- No battle to close battery tubes (though this is solved I hear)
- More streamlined battery routine (?)
- Getting into the tube, for any reason, will require heating up the endcap with the heat gun. Which will take time, is likely messy and possibly problematic.
- It is possible the connector could leak. (though the poly fuse(s) can stop a short better than if the water is inside the tube)
Am I mad?
This is where you chime in with “yes! And here is why!”