Rov building based on RC receiver, servoes and more

Hi

Someone experience building such a ROV without a motherboard?

I see there is many other projects like this?

I been looking into this Openrov and consider using it as basis for a ROV with bigger thrusters and other, as I imagine the motherboard and programming would be the same?

Could it be a good solution, then use motherboard and computerpower on equipment and other hightech equipment and have the main thrusters and cam driven by hardware, not software?

Would like your opinions...

"I been looking into this Openrov and consider using it as basis for a ROV with bigger thrusters and other, as I imagine the motherboard and programming would be the same?"

With this I mean my intention was first to build it this way, but then also come around his other type of ROV...

Hi Hans,

My group is surveying many types of homebuilt ROV platforms, many have their advantages and disadvantages. So far this is my favorite because of the expandability and control, for example many ROV builders want to build an "easier" method of control which normally includes the use of joysticks. With the incorporation of game pads with this platform, along with the navigation module it makes a day and night difference vs just simple video and control.