Question About End-Cap Assembly on v.2.6

Hi everyone, my name is Ethan. I'm a high school student in New England currently building the OpenROV 2.6, which arrived a week or so ago.

Anyways, I have a question about the End-Cap Assembly on the 2.6 model. When I first started cementing the end-cap pieces together, I didn't stick the needle from the acrylic cement applicator in between the two pieces I was cementing. Rather, I somehow decided to stick the needle right on the crack, and let it seep in from there.

Well, that didn't work very well, and what ended up happening was that the cement would go about 1 cm into the two end-cap pieces and then it would stop, so I'd stick the needle in another side of the end-cap, which resulted in the same effect. I foolishly did this for an entire part of it, which resulted in a large part of the two end-cap pieces having little or no cement in the inner parts. So I decided to stick the needle in from where the hole in the center was, and I managed to get a bit of cement in the insides, however there was still a decent sized section that had no cement.

I eventually figured out my foolish mistake and corrected it for the most part on the other end-cap section, however on the first one, the damage had been done. I thought I remembered hearing or reading somewhere that big sections of areas with no cement was a bad thing, so I am unsure of what to do, if anything.

So now that you know the back story, here are the questions:

What will happen if there are large sections of the end-cap that have no cement in between while using it?

Is there anything I can do to help solve this problem?

Is there anything wrong at all?

Thanks everyone in advance!

Ethan

Hi Ethan

I would try it like it is. Make sure all edges have glue penetrating

Good luck

Dave

Thank you, Dave! I'll make sure to do that.