For OpenROV I have created the divealert plugin. This plugin extends the OpenROV cockpit with a system that monitors the incoming telemetry stream from the ROV and looks for data anomolies based on our exeperience in driving the ROV.
Some key features of the alerts:
- Different severity alerts look different
- Audio indicator of the alert for when you are not looking at the screen
- Alerts can be easily dismissed
- Alerts stack, they don't block one another
- Dismissed alerts sleep for a set time, but if the root problem still persists they will fire again.
- Can be easily extended to look for new patterns
Simply look for DiveAlerts in the OpenROV Cockpit add plugins feature in settings. (Requires OpenROV Software from the Master Branch. Not generally released yet, but the latest development image has it built in here).
Please file issues and submit improvement on github: https://github.com/BrianAdams/openrov-plugin-divealerts
Please respond to this post for discussions. I will post updates and such to this thread.