Open Rov with Beaglebone and Multiwii AIO Flight Controller (ATmega 2560) V2.0

Hello,

I just tested, the following Hardware:

Multiwii and Megapirate AIO Flight Controller w/FTDI (ATmega 2560) V2.0 or Crius AIOP
HK Pilot Power VI Module, Distribution Board And Dual UBEC ALL-In-One
Beagle Bone Black

The Arduino Part compiled well und after Upload, I was able to control the thrusters and lights.
Everything worked very well, so for the DIY Fan this could be an easy alternativ board.

Now I am trying to get the Onboard Sensors to work.

• MPU6050 6 axis gyro/accel with Motion Processing Unit
• HMC5883L 3-axis digital magnetometer
• MS5611-01BA01 highprecision altimeter

But my programming skills are very limited in Arduino at the moment.

Can somebody explain how i could best integrate these sensors in the arduino part of OpenROV?

GreetIngs from Germany

Tobias

Cool project. Do you mind posting your setup? I would love to try it out and see if I can make the onboard sensors work.

What info do you need?

How did you connect the multiwii to the beaglebone?
Did you change the arduino.code or did you just upload it directly to the multiwii?
What kind of ESCs did you use ?

I connected the beaglebone with the Multiwii AIo Controller via Serial, using te default beaglebone port form the hardware description of the openrov hardware documentiaon and the S0 Port on the Multiwii board. I used a logic level shifter to adapt the 5V TTL from the multiwii board to the 3.3 Volt TTL on the beaglebone

The afro escs are connected to D6,D7,D8 on the Multiwii Board, the escs have a simonK firmware with forward and reverse.

There was no Mod on the software, just compiled the lateste arduino code of the openrov software.

So far i was able to control the escs and motors work.

I want use the HK Pilot Power VI Module as voltage und current sensor, it designed for an Ardupilot APM Flightcontoller.
Currently i delievers 5 Volt for beaglebone and multiwii board.

If you need more Info just ask.

Greetings Tobias

Nice. Will try it out. thanks

I see this is an older post but did you guys ever get the sensors to work?