Hello together, I bought my OPENROV 2.8 a few days ago.
After plug in the USB cable into the top side interface the middle light glow one second (orange) and then no more…. Plug in the USB-Cable (Top side interface Board) starts the BBB (Beagle Bone Black) on the ROV. I can hear the startsound and some small LEDs on the ROV (BBB and controller board) glow . Other blue, orange and green LEDs on the BBB glow and blink. After several minutes the LEDs (4 main LEDs on the camera modul) are flashing every second. But I can not realize a connection to the ROV!
We investigated or tried (results in brackets) :
- several laptops with google chrome
- several USB connections
- battery voltage of all batteries (3,35V per cell !)
- changed the tether wires
- changed the home plug connectors (ROV vs. top side communicator)
- measured the voltage on the DB-25 connector ( ~ 9,9 -10V green and orange wires!)
- measured the voltage of the home plug connector between the BBB and OpenROV Controller Board (3,3V)
- we read the forum and it was mentioned, that LED7 on the control Board should glow (amber) in case of communication , but LED7 does not glow on my controller Board.
How can we realize a connection to the ROV?
Is there any defect part? Which one is it?