We are preparing for the 31 release of the OpenROV Software Image. There have been over a year of updates since the last major release. Given there are a lot of breaking changes since the last release, we have bumped the major version number for the release to 31.
- Recent version of google Chrome on either desktop or Android.
File any bug or issues in [github].
The Dev Image is intended to run from the SD card. There are several sets of instructions for burning the .img file to a SD card. You can find tips and help for burning image files to the SD card here: https://forum.openrov.com/search?q=burn%20image
Major feature changes since 30.0.3 release
- New default UI theme for desktop and mobile
- Mobile/tablet controls rewritten
- http://rov.openrov.net works off-line after first use so that you can review data after a dive
- Records h.264 stream from the HD Camera Pro upgrade without a plugin
- Other users can connect to the same ROV and are put in a peer-2-peer network for efficient sharing of video and telemetry
- Default video to 30fps 1280x720 for MJPEG video
- Removed the Dashboard and replaced it with in-cockpit navigation to applets for changing settings, viewing telemetry, and many more.
- Automatically upgrades micro-controller firmware to match the cockpit software when upgraded (removed the old upload firmware button)
- Support for super low-latency video using the HD Pro Upgrade camera
- Data Applet for downloading and managing recorded dives. Supports replaying saved dives in the browser. (Video replay requires the HD Pro Upgrade camera)
- Changed the url used to connect to the ROV along with moving the connection to https
- Hovering over recording icon of telemetry and video shows remaining disk space
- Added Gyro mode as default IMU compass mode. This is more forgiving when the compass in mounted in an area effected by lots of magnetic fields on the ROV. You can switch back to standard compass mode in the UI.
- Added control for a single external light to be controlled from the cockpit
- Keyboard and Gamepad can be remapped
- You can switch from Imperial to Metric and back again by clicking the unit under depth on the default UI
- New data management applet for managing recordings of telemetry (and video if using the HD Pro camera)
- After connecting to https://rov.openrov.net, be sure to bookmark the site, and on mobile to add the site to your home screen so that Chrome will preserve all of your data recordings even when your drive is running out of space.
- Moved to Node6.x
- Kernel Version Upgraded
- New UI for cockpit set by default
- Lots of performance improvments
- Dialed in most of the new-ui desktop theme
- The APIs for the the micro controller and the socket.io API have breaking changes
- Rework of the I2C libraries for better handling of the IMU
The web ssh tool, wetty, uses Shift-Ctr-V for paste on windows, and standard Crt-C for copy. OS X uses its standard keys.
- All issues for the current dev-image can be found here: https://github.com/OpenROV/openrov-software/labels/module%3Adevimage
- The proxy service has been disabled for the moment while fixing an instability that just appeared with the node 6 upgrade. This only prevents you from accessing downloadable plugins.
- The default mobile theme context menu does not scroll
* The ROV cylon lights are disabled in this image pending a performance fix
- IOS not currently supported
* Gamepad does not remap correctly. PR in progress.
- Link to OpenROV Cloud services via your forums login
- The https://rov.openrov.net does not resolve if you plug the ROV directly in to a router. In that case you must get the locally assigned IP address of the ROV and edit the host file on the computer you use to connect to the ROV so that rov.openrov.net points to the ROV. While you can connect to
https://<rov ip addressdirectly, the cert will be invalid and some features in cockpit will no longer work correctly.