THIS BLOG POST WAS UPDATED WITH A NEW LINK ON THE 5th of SEPTEMBER!
There's a new image:
- Fixes for the andruino code compilation
- improvment for the reset of the arduino while uploading firmware
- Updated Cockpit and Arduino code from OpenROV/openrov-software
- Change the default reset pin for the linuxspi in avrdude (OpenROV/openrov-image#22)
- The SPI device is not showing up on the BBB image (OpenROV/openrov-image#21)
- ino tools fails to parse arduino version number in image (OpenROV/openrov-image#20)
- DHCP not working: Typo (OpenROV/openrov-image#19)
- Update the avrdude make to set the Have_Linux_GPIO option (OpenROV/openrov-image#18))
If you find issues, please raise them on github!
I just downloaded it. Thanks.
tried it last evening 9/3/13.
DHCP worked, Arduino download worked.
Motor behavior appeared odd. At times controls (game controller) had no effect and cpu was at 100%.
Will try some more with the updated image.
tried the updated one last evening. Arduino firmware update did not work after trying 2 update cycles. Compiled just fine but failed to load on my BB white.
strange that it appeared to have worked on the first image... it might have been a wrong reporting on the UI, because there where some things missing in that image.
could you test the upload from the command line?
1: login to the ROV via SSH or serial (username rov, pwd: OpenROV)
2: execute sudo /opt/openrov/linux/arduino/firmware-installfromsource.sh
does that work?
I'm having a similar issue with the reset now no longer functioning after the update of the image. Any ideas?
Compiling works fine, but the update fails with the reset message.
I have video and game pad problems when using the new image and don't know how to raise the problems on github.
The video image freezes all the time and also the exposure gets over exposed. Also now when I use my game pad the two thrust motors will not stop when the joy stick is in the center position. I have to move it slightly to the right to stop the motors. I have calibrated the game pad many times but the motors still run when the joy stick is centered. This did not happen with image OpenROV-28-08-2013.img