New BUILD INFO!

NEW BUILD FROM A BEGINNER

Howdy all!

Well, I have designed a bunch of ‘surf kayaks’ but never a ROV Drone. I am also a professional Photographer who likes to take shots of the “underwater realm”. So, why not put my skills to the test and make a Underwater Drone? Hahhaha. How Hard can it be really. Well, I have learned my lessons!

@vincentshaymedia,
How about telling us a little bit about your trials and tribulations so that other members can partake of your experience?
Regards,
TCIII AVD

Thanks for the response!

I have been trying to get the Arduino Code uploaded and working. My idea is to have three thrusters. Two Horizontal and one vertical controlled by two analog joysticks. I have the ESCs and Thrusters. I am using this code:

I got the motors to turn via the joysticks but really erratic. There just has to be an easier way!

That is so far what I have been working with. Any help would be appreciated!

@vincentshaymedia,
Who’s thrusters and ESCs are you using?
Regards,
TCIII AVD

I bought the OpenROV Motor and Propeller set. The ESC are simonk 30A. Not too sure if they are the right ones. Think I have got the ESC recalibrated though…don’t think they are reversible. Will upload some shots of this project today sometime. Working on mounts for motors now. Thanks!

@vincentshaymedia,
You will probably want the ESCs to also be reversible to help with Yaw turns.
The simonk ESCs can be programmed to be reversible.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

Yes! I am just trying to figure out now how to do that. Thanks!

Here is what I have built so far. Drone shaped from foam then glassed. Rubberized the entire vehicle for bumping into stuff. I have also installed GoPro Mounts for Lights and two camera setup. All thrusters are removable to replace when they wear out. Middle basin for waterproof electronics box where the batteries, esc, arduino etc will be. Fun stuff!

@vincentshaymedia,
This BR tutorial may help you reprogram the simonk ESCs for forward and reverse.
Regards,
TCIII AVD