Looking for UK OpenROVers

The Big Bang Fair UK is a national science and engineering fair held in March ( Wed 11th to Sat 14th inclusive) this year at the NEC Birmingham.

The aim of the fair is to encourage, enthuse and excite young people (primarily aged 7-19) about future training and careers in the science, engineering and technology fields.

Last year they had over 75,000 visitors - this year they aim to be bigger.

We will be there this year with a "largish" stand (16 sqm), a sizeable water tank and some of our Bob robots. We'll also have a fake sea-bed, treasure chests, some small cartesian diver experiments and anything else we can think of between now and then :) - the theme of the stand is "Exploration and conservation with open technology".

To add an extra level of interest, I was wondering if any UK based OpenROVers fancied being our guests on the stand and showing off their ROV and chatting with the children about any planned / past explorations, etc...

If you are interested, or have any questions, then please do let me know in the comments or inbox me. You don't need to be able to do all four days (though that would be awesome if you could).

We're arranging all event passes and everything else so it should just be a matter of turning up, setting up and playing :)

A quick update - the brilliant Martin Evans will be joining us on the stand with his OpenROV and some mini-rovs. We still have some space if anyone else is interested :smile:

We picked up the tank on Saturday - it’s 2 metres diameter and 1 metre tall, so should have a bit of room to play around in…

There is also Maker Faire UK - http://www.makerfaireuk.com/ comming up.

I don’t know who else is in the UK on here, or where you all are, but there are other maker fairs as well.

We’ll be at Maker Faire UK as well, not sure if we’ll have the big tank there yet - depends on the space they give us ( should be ok apparently, but will not know offically until a bit closer to the date ) - but if not we’ll grab a slightly smaller one :slight_smile: