Live streaming video to internet

Related to this application, is it possible for another device (Laptop) to connect via WiFi to the Topside module to tap into the video stream through a browser window or Video LAN?

We need the Trident video streaming inside the cabin of a research vessel and it’s not practical for the operator to have any cables coming from the controller.

We’ve had success by wirelessly screencasting the JXD screen to a Chromecast plugged into a TV. Both the JXD and the Chromecast need to be on the same Trident network to do this, and there is a ~0.5s delay in the view coming into the TV.

@dprestonmartin I’ve been trying to get Chromecast to work as well, but so far, all of my attempts using the Trident wifi network do not work. Did you modify the Trident network in any way? [edit- Nevermind! I finally did find a combination that works. I am “chromecasting” to Reflector 3 on a laptop]

I occasionally connect my tablet and phone to the topside module at the same time. In my application I leave my tablet on a stand in the shade and then move about with my phone and a Bluetooth game-pad controller.

If you haven’t already tried this, you could probably do the same thing with a tablet PC in addition to the controller so long as the tablet in the cabin was within wi-fi range of the topside module.

1 Like