This is hopefully the code that we will go to general release in the next week or so. For those that are completely risk adverse, go ahead and wait. If you do want to help us make sure the release is ready for primetime, we would love your feedback. Instructions below:
This will hopefully be the final release candidate. Please focus testing around:
1) Consistent startup with the motors moving as expected
2) Easy and consistent update workflows.
This is the first release where we have switched to the suite concept. The suite simply combines the sub projects we are using to build the image we put on the ROV. This also simplifies the upgrade process as we no longer expose upgrade detail for each sub project, just the suite itself.
As a result, we have moved our releases to the openrov-rov-suite repository on github.
Upgrade instructions: If you are already on Release Candidate 3 (which is shipping with 2.7 ROVs) or above, you can use the built in upgrade feature instead of burning a new SD card of the image.
Built-in upgrade feature:
1) Go to dashboard (http://192.168.254.1)
2) Choose software
3) Click the green Enable Software Updates button
5) Under branches, choose pre-release
6) Uncheck "show only updates" option
7) You should see an entry for openrov-rov-suite at a particular version
8) Choose install of the openrov-rov-suite
9) After installation open cockpit (http://192.168.254.1:8080)
10) Go to settings, choose to update firmware, follow instructions
Burning a new SD card:
OSX instructions: http://community.openrov.com/forum/topics/checklist-burning-an-image-to-an-sd-card-on-osx-via-the-command
Windows instructions: http://community.openrov.com/forum/topics/instructions-burning-sd-card-image-on-windows
Note: As a release candidate, we encourage running off of the external SD card. If you want to commit the image to the eeprom on the beagle bone black, you can by ssh'ing on the rov and running "
sudo /opt/openrov/cockpit/linux/copy-to-emmc.sh" after which you can remove the SD card.
Feel free to come discuss with us on gitter: https://gitter.im/OpenROV/discuss ;