Last Minute - Mini-Hackathon at Noisebridge Tomorrow

Hey! We're hosting a somewhat last minute mini-hackathon at Noisebridge tomorrow. We're bringing a number of OpenROVs and Beaglebones to play with. We'll also be working on propeller design, salt-water testing and improved documentation.

When: Saturday, June 9th 1:00pm-5:00pm

Where: Noisebridge -

2169 Mission Street San Francisco, California 94103

Who: You! And the OpenROV community

Cost: Free (with a $10 suggested donation to Noisebridge)

We hope you can make it! Feel free to email me with any questions - david at OpenROV dot com

How'd things go?

It went well.

We got a lot done - worked on the PCB, power budget, etc. Decided we need to create a WIKI to better document and easier collaboration. Coming soon!

Also: talked prop design and different waterproofing techniques for the motors.

Sounds great. I'll look forward to seeing the results. I'm gathering parts and starting on my own build, and one of the things that I'm working on is a pressure-compensated thruster design - it would be great to see what other people are up to.

Just a thought, but it would be nice if hackathons like this could include a Google+ hangout or something similar. That would give those of us who live far away a chance to get in on the action.

That's a great idea Ben! Having a live-feed is something we'll do next time. Also: we'll make sure it's not so last minute.