I'll get these updates in to the wiki eventually...
For the KIT here is what I had to do:
1. With all of the ESCs switched off, go ahead and power up. Nothing should happen on the motors, if you are getting motors spinning be sure to remove the Servo Power jumper)
2. Connect with the cockpit software and open the diagnostic pane.
3. Hold the reset button while powering on the first ESC... it should start beeping and the red LED flashing... let go of the reset button. (It will keep beeping which is fine).
4. Press reset once and the green LED should come on and you should here a single beep.
5. Move that motor's slider all the way to the right (180) and then press the reset on the ESC again. You should get 2 beeps.
6. More that motor's slider all the way to the left (0) and then press the reset on the ESC again.
7. Switch off the ESC
8. Move the next ESC and repeat...
After calibration, you should be able to leave all of the ESCs switched on.
Before the patched software, running a single motor balls out in the air pulled around 2 additional AMPs and made we want to step away...
You should now be able to play with the sliders and get the motors to run. I have noticed that I am still getting power spikes when going from zero to semi high speed too quickly that can cause my 4AMP power supply to shut down.