Just completed OpenROV - can't upload firmware from SD card to Arduino

Hi

Just completed construction, and trying to get software running

Google Chrome comes up OK, and shows images from camera

Following instructions from step 12 of https://github.com/OpenROV/openrov-software/releases

Step 12: In Cockpit, press the "Settings" button in the upper right-hand side of the screen, and press "Upload firmware from SD card to Arduino"
Step 13: A window called "Upload Arduino Firmware" will pop up. Press the blue "Apply New Firmware" button in the lower right side of the window. This will upload the Arduino Code necessary for the Controller board to work.

Getting message that Upload failed

firmware_upload.sh Failed to upload after numerous times

similar message for firmware_installfromsource.sh

Reviewing the details, first error seems to be

User configuration file is /root/.avrduderc

User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file

Regular messages to the effect

avrdude: ser_recv() programmer is not responding

similar message for avrdude: stk500_recv

Help please!!!

Many thanks

Hi Roger:

I haven't seen any responses to this thread- have you managed to fix your issue yet?

I don't know which build you downloaded, but in some of the builds, you need to edit the Arduino configuration file (Aconfig.h or something like that???), based upon which ROV revision you have, before uploading the arduino firmware. If you search around in the forum archives, you'll find a number of references to this issue.

-Walt

I haven't spent much time on this as it's Christmas. But........ Was showing a friend the problem, and it worked OK. I have no idea what has changed - I think I'm using the same image. I have loaded some software onto the laptop including putty.

In any case, it's all working OK, the ESC's are programmed, and will complete the project when back from holiday!

Hey,

Sometimes there are timing issues when uploading the firmware. It's always a a good idea to retry, maybe after a reboot of the ROV.

- Dominik