Joystick and/or Gamepad available

For my 2.8Kit, what should be the most usefull Gamepad or Joystick ?
I am running over Windows10, Asus-Pro Compter.

Thank you.
RV

Hi

I have used Logitech Wireless Gamepad F710

Best Regards

Erland Hansen

1 Like

Fine, thank you Etrand.
Does it needs a special driver or an Apps to use it or does it run (work) immediatly when i’ll plug it ?

Best Regards
Herve

Using a good old F310 myself. Had a few issues in the past with the s/w when Chrome version changed, but that was fixed by one of the regulars here with a new Release Candidate. Just have to ensure you keep an older working copy of Chrome.

Thank you, I will do that this WE.

I have been through a special link to get old versions (given by the Forum), And there are a lot of old Chrome vesions.

What is, or shold be, the “lastest” old good version for Chrome ?
RV

Fine : my old Logitech310 :video_game: works very well :hugs:
I have found a 2018 Chrome version. :sparkler: :fireworks:

Thank you to everybody

RV

1 Like

Hi Subseaexplorer
Which Release Candidate did you use ?
And which chrome version ?

I had some difficulties with my 2.8 last time I upgrade with the new camera, in 2017 I guess.

I now use the Trident, but will like to use my old 2.8 again.

Best Regards

Erland Hansen

Hi

Nice that your Logitech 310 function very well.

Sorry for late reply.

There are a Win10 driver for the Logitech Wireless F710.

But I guess you don’t need it by now.

Best Regards

Erland Hansen

Hey @erhanse, hello

I used the RC 7 image by @michael.bouchaud which can be found in this thread, check the link is for RC 7 not his earlier RC4 release, thread includes both. My OROV has the HD camera, the additional external lights and IMU, all works fine with the F310 using RC7.

At the moment I haven’t got access to my ROV / laptop to check details, I am locked down elsewhere, but again as per the thread above it was working with Chrome over over summer / autumn 2018, which I then froze as my working setup. I use slimjet.com for archive copies of previous Chrome versions. In case anyone reads this later worth noting as well need to turn autoupdate off in Chrome so use on a local network rather than public.

EDIT: Looking back at my old posts here I had it working on Chrome v77.0.3865.90

Great to know a few more OROV 2.8’s and earlier still about, I think it has a niche use and proved very handy in shallow, benign / low dynamic conditions.

Hope you get your 2.8 running again and your Trident can explore with a friend !

All the best,

Paul

1 Like

Hi Paul

Thank’s a lot :slight_smile:

I will update my OROV 2.8 to RC 7 image.

I hope I will get it running again :slight_smile:

Best Regards

Erland

1 Like