Inherited Trident ROV & have several questions

Just inherited Trident OpenROV. Have old Android tablet & Joy-Stick. Tablet had app installed. Loaded iOS app on my iPhone. Having problems & questions:
o Is there an open-source or other updated app that can run on Windows 10?
o I can connect Joy-Stick via Bluetooth both to my iPhone and Android - BUT neither seems to function in the two app versions. Are there instructions on how to connect a Joy-Stick to the app(s)?
o iOS app seems to lack several features like compass/pitch on Android - is there an update (or one in the works by the user community as open source?)
o I have several “suggestions” on “features” that would greatly improve the app … is there someone or group that I can send to that might be working on “new” versions? Is this the proper forum for such discussions?

Appreciate any and all help to get me up to speed where I can “use” this tool more efficiently than what I have inherited now. Thank you for any/all help!!!
“Mike” Michaels

1 Like

Hi @mikem24108 -

o Win10 Cockpit app?
Haven’t seen any Cockpit app for Win10. @Jim_N did a lot of work on using the open source FastRTPS DDS by eProsima on Ubuntu to demonstrate DDS Topic communication to the Trident. But it’s not a full Cockpit app.

o Two app capability - iOS and Android Cocpit apps both connected?
Don’t believe it’s designed to have two Cockpit devices controlling the Trident. When both are connected, they are both sending Trident thruster control DDS data ( trident_command_target ). When the joysticks aren’t deflected, it’s sending 0 values, when the other device may be sending deflected joystick values.
Note the LED control only sends data when the LED icon is tapped, and the two Cockpit devices don’t conflict.
Some folks like connecting a display for viewing by others.

o iOS app seems to lack several features like compass/pitch on Android - is there an update (or one in the works by the user community as open source?)
I believe @Dmitry preferred the animated Trident Avatar at the lower right for pitch. I don’t know how the compass is interpreted from the Avatar.
I’ve only heard of Dmitriy working on the iOS app, but I got the impression he was somewhat disppointed with the lack of the Trident community support on Patreon/DimaRU.

o I have several “suggestions” on “features” that would greatly improve the app … is there someone or group that I can send to that might be working on “new” versions? Is this the proper forum for such discussions?
Other than the above mentions, some of the folks from Sofar started Mission Robotics. Refer to the “Trident News - Discontinued Production” topic posts. @Brian_Grau is from Mission Robotics and last posted in May.

Bill