IMU V1 Schematic

i just bought a mpu9150 and found it so miniature that it’s hard to solder it on the board, anyone had looked into this problem ?

@2375091759 use a heatgun?

It’s time to buy some solder paste and a heatgun. You can’t solder chips that small with a soldering iron.

You can also put the solder (and flux) on your board first, put your component on top of it, and then use the heatgun.

But yes, as Brendan said, heat gun + solder paste is perfect for this

I would also recommend you type “surface mount soldering” into YouTube and look at the myriad of tutorials there - they can be extremely helpful.

Thanks for all your guys’ tips
i will have it try

I am going to install the IMU V 1(MPU9150+MS5803) on my ROV and i don’t know what’s the right direction that the IMU shoud point to and where to install is proper.

See the directions for how to mount the completed IMU on the ROV.

is it ok to mount the IMU V1 on 2.8 ?

Yes you can use either IMU on the ROV. Just make sure your software is all up to date.

I cann’t clearly see which side of the IMU should point to the front and which side should face the top

This picture should help you a little more. It is for a different IMU and different ROV, but the concept is the same. The side with the pressure sensor should face forward.

I have a question on that circuit schematic. The CSB is connected both to the VCC and GND by a 0 resistor and i think that it will cause short out. I made the PCB board and it turns out that the short out happen. The CSB is to define the I2C adress and I don’t know wheather this is a problem.

Uh…if my I2C address is 0x76, does it mean that i only need to weld the R6 to the groud and keep the position of R5 empty ?

Hi everyone. I am new here and by profession i am an Engineer. As per my knowledge you can also put the solder (and flux) on your board first, put your component on top of it, and then use the heatgun.
But heat gun + solder paste is perfect for this.

pcb assembly