IMU not functioning, was working

Hi, I’m new to the OpenROV. I just purcahsed and built mine a few days ago. Everything was working perfectly fine. Today I powered it up and the IMU isn’t working at all. My connections are all good and the IMU is getting power. Is there anything else I can check? Is it possible the IMU itself is bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Justin

@eyediver1,
I had that happen to mine once, so I went through the IMU calibration shown in the video and it then appeared in the telemetry. Might give it a try.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

Did you have any readings at all from the IMU when it happened to you? I’ll give it a try as soon as I get home and hopefully it fixes the problem.
Thank you.

Justin

@eyediver1,
Yes, the IMU was initializing and responding to the calibration procedure just fine until at one startup it did not initialize until I performed the calibration procedure and then it functioned like it did normally.
Regards,
TCIII AVD

I powered it up and attempted to calibrate the IMU as per the instructions. Still nothing. Hopefully I’m just missing something minor. Is there anything else you can think of? The IMU doesn’t start up at all. I included a pic of the screen.

Thanks again

I just checked to make sure power is getting to the IMU. Its getting 3.3v but still not responsive. Could it be possible that I turned it off by accidentally via the keyboard?

Looking at your telemetry, I notice that you don’t have any signs of liveliness from the depth sensor either, indicating that your data lines might be the suspect. While your 3.3V connection might be ok, you should double check your SDA and SCL connections to make sure they have good integrity and have not been reversed.

I just double checked them and they are hooked up correctly. It was working for awhile. Is there a way it can be turned on and off?