HOW TO - JXD S192K Singularity - INSTALL OpenROV Cockpit

s192k
software

I purchased the JXD S192K Singularity Device (the same one provided by OpenROV) directly from a chinese distributor.

SKIP TO THE END FOR THE EASY SOLUTION… NOT JUST MY RAMBLINGS.

I ran into the Issue from Google Play Store that this Device is Not Certified by Google / Play Store / etc…
I checked HERE to see about how I could remedy this issue…
I installed the App from THIS Non-Google Mirror for my Device ID. Submitted the ID HERE
this still does not allow the JXD S192K to access the Play Store to Download the App…
I was then going to root the device and sideload the OpenROV Cockpit App, but i figured a hailmary attempt at finding an APK Mirror might work.

*** SOLUTION ***

A simple Google Search and I was directed to THIS WEBSITE

I downloaded and installed the App directly from my browser on the S192K device & everything is working flawlessly for now. I’m not sure how this will change when the OpenROV Cockpit App is updated, or if this will seamlessly update through the app it’s self.

the tactile nature of the sicks and all programmable buttons on the S192K make driving this ROV a much more enjoyable and intuitive experience… now i just want to access the PID loop for stabilization so it doesn’t ‘bob’ as much and also make some trim tabs that will limit diving or ascending during forward/rearward thrust.

I hope this helps at least one of you &
Aloha from Maui
Brian

Hi ,I Root my JXD S192K fixing the same problem,bricking my device,by deleting the browser, fortunately found this link :
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B_MwGd121hXdbkZMNDA5WGlNeG8&export=download

Fix, device no certified, work for me.
Jimmy

Cheers Jimmy,

Good looking out on that method also.

Aloha,
Brian