How deep can I take the V2.6?

Hi everyone.

I can not see any real multiple tests which can tell how deep this ROV actually can go as standard built.
I should maybe be an option to buy extra end caps for main body and battery chambers to allow double O-ring set-up?

Tom-Vidar Salangli

If you build the V2.6 ROV well, it will go to 100 meters just fine. A number of people have redesigned their endcaps for various reasons, but it shouldn't be necessary for diving to 100m.

-W

Okey… I’ll do my best…I found the parts for the battery tube end caps to be too big in diameter to enter the tubes… I had to “grind” them down… Hope the other part are more correct:-)
Some small pieces was even broken, But i glued them… Guess it was due to transport…

I did the edge of the tubes as in the video… But still to wide in diameter

I figure this may still be relevant for some.

We put a vanilla v2.6 down to 28.9 meters today for some minutes, measuring with a standard “Uwatec Digital 330m Bottomtimer”. No water was observed inside, except a tad of condensation in the main electronics tube.

I would however, consider reinforcing to improve ones odds. The balloon/rubberband to improve the O-ring surface area in the main electronics tube seems like a good idea; also as you mentioned double O-rings.