Filmmakers of "Chasing Ice" and "Racing Extinction"

Dear OpenRov Comunity,

My name is Daniel Wright and I am a documentary film producer based in Boulder, Colorado. I am contacting you on behalf of a documentary being produced by the Academy Award-Winning filmmakers behind the films “The Cove,” “Chasing Ice” and “Racing Extinction.” We are in production of another film with the working title, “Life Tectonic,” which will take viewers on a journey through the lens of adventurer/photographer and scientist James Balog as he explores various stories of how humans and nature coexist through the four classical greek elements - earth, air, fire and water.

We would like to get a shot from underneath a frozen lake in water as shallow as 3 feet. I have come across the Trident in my research and it looks like it could potentially work for what we are trying to accomplish, but I have a few questions.

• We would need a shot looking directly UP at the ice as the drone flies beneath. Is it possible to mount a GoPro, or another small camera, to the top of the Trident so it can look directly up?

• Would the Trident have any difficulties flying in near-freezing temperatures?

• Is it possible to mount small LED lights to the top of the Trident?

• Does your company provide any expert operators who may be willing to join our team in the field to operate the Trident if we decide to purchase one?

If it is easier to jump on the phone to discuss these questions - I am happy to!

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

All the best,

Daniel Wright
Associate Producer, Life Tectonic
daniel@earthvisionfilm.com

Sending you an email

Watching with interest.
(Chasing Ice was awesome, I’ll have to look into the others)

Trailer for Racing Extinction