Failure in Burning OpenROV Suite v30.0.3 ROV FLASH image (Released Oct 7 2015)

Let me know if you can help, please:
I’m unable to burn the latest openrov suite (30.0.3) on SD card. The previous version is ok.
I get the following error message: “The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer”

Notice that the SD card is fine and readable, it seems the image file is corrupted?
To burn the image I follow the instruction given here (I’m on osx):

Have you checked out this step by step guide that we have?

Once the process is complete and the image is burned to the card it will be unreadable by your computer and it will ask you if you want to eject the card.

No, I haven’t!
Thanks a lot.

Hi there.
Exactly the same thing happened to me. I’m afraid the instructions aren’t clear on this one. What happens, I think, is that you first format the card, then you do the terminal thing and it actually does burn a bootable image. But then, that image is not something that the Mac can read, so you get the error message.
I’m guessing it says “The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer” and “Initialise?” If you say yes to this it will wipe the image you’ve just burned. You need to just take the card out when you get the error message and use it.
Hope this helps.
Andrew

The image is ext4 formatted partition. Not something the os/x or windows can read by default, which is why you get the initialization error message on the mac. Just ignore it and eject the disk.