Electronics and Battery housing build

I am looking at the (Build and Assembly Instruction Set) but I see that few points are missing,

(4) Assembling and gluing the end caps

(5) Assembling the battery packs,

(6) Assembling and waterproofing the thrusters

(7) Potting the wire pass throughs in the end caps.

will be possible to post them even though if they are not fully complete just to get an idea on how they are assembled and also to share many opinions on how to improve them.

Awni,

Yes, we've been meaning to do that. We're planning to get a lot of our documentation in order in the next few days, so please stand by and hopefully we'll have (at least some preliminary) stuff to post within a week.

Do you have any particular questions I could answer in the meant time?

Thanks for the patience!

Eric

Dear Eric

Thanks for your prompt reply, I am really interested on how to seal the cables going in and out of the Electronic and battery housing. The end cap cutting design there are two holes (one small in the center and one large at the side), I can't figure out how to seal the cables going in and out through them, also can't find any info on how to seal the battery housing.

Thanks

Awni

The small hole in the center is for a dowel pin which keeps the end cap pieces concentric, and the larger hole to the side is where the electrical wires pass through. They are potted in place with Hysol E-90FL Epoxy. Hot glue is used to keep the epoxy from leaking out the remaining opening on the bottom. The dowel pin hole was also potted in the past, but now we're going to start using cut-off medical syringes as the dowl pins which allow you to vent the tube, so the 'pin' stays in place. Once I put up images, this should become a lot more clear, but hopefully that gives you the main idea of it.

The battery tubes stay water tight simply by virtue of the rubber caps sealing tighter with pressure. The end with wires coming out is also partially filled with epoxy to keep water from flowing in that way.

Thank you very much for clearing this up, what type of cables (how much AWG) are you using to connect with the motors and the batteries, I can imagine that both battery housing are connected in series and feed in to the Electronics housing.

Dear Eric

I am assuming that you guys are really busy these days that you didn't have time to post some building tips on the website this week.

Really appreciate any info and very nice job.

Awni

Hi Anwi,

You're right on! It's been a hectic few days doing ocean testing in FL. We'll have the videos and building tips up as soon as possible.

David

What are the LED's voltage rating? I found these to make it a lot cheaper! They run on 12v. I just ordered some!

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/39mm-2w-9-smd-led-126-lumen-6500k-white-dome-light-dc-12v-51002

Jameson,

Those look like a great find, but keep in mind that they will need to be regulated. The thing I like about the Light Engines is that they have their own power supply circuit that keeps the input current where it should be. If you decide to go with the ones you've linked to there, just look up "LED Driver Chip" and you should be able to find something that works for the power requirements of your LED.

Good luck!

Eric