Disinfecting Trident between dives

I just received my Trident and I’m really looking forward to using it. But I suddenly got curious about how to disinfect a Trident between dives, especially in different fresh water locations.

For example, the salmon fluke (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gyrodactylus_salaris) has decimated salmon populations in some rivers in Norway after it got distributed during the 1970s. To avoid this, there are requirements to disinfect fishing gear, boots, wading gear, boats, fishing nets, etc when moving to a new location.

Are there any recommended methods to disinfect a Trident to get rid of any parasites, bacteria, etc between dives in different locations?

Hi,

you manage to perform any update from application?

Good question. I’ll recieve my Trident in a week or so and I live in Norway too. Looking forward to any replies to this question.

After each dive you have to clean it with normal clean water. I think you can add to this water the product you normally use for desinfecting your boat. Don’t forget to spray the motors with DW40.

I use hydrogen peroxide H2O2 a 3 to 5 % solution. Put it in a spray bottle and apply it, let it soak for 15 minutes then rinse. It will not harm the trident and is inexpensive and will kill organic organisims. If you notice it bubbling then it has encountered a pathenogen and you must do it again until it no longer bubbles. We buy it in Canada in health food stores or pharmacies, hope this helps. Do not use anything higher than 5% if you have to buy a higher concentration dilute it with distilled water.

While hydrogen proxies is good depending on what you are try to kill it may not be enough. For drinking water reservoirs it is more strict.
Bleach “Clorox” is another way 2 teaspoons per gallon for 5 min and then a fresh water flush.
In addition you may be required to use a food safe lubricant food grade silicone spray is good for this and can be obtained easily. Peanut oil is also good.
Hopes this helps

Thanks for the responses. I also see now on https://www.openrov.com/products/trident/ that the Trident can withstand “Diluted Chlorine”, so that seems like a way to go as well.