Daylight viewable 12v HDMI monitor

For folks who are struggling to see the controller’s screen, here’s what has worked for us. I purchased one of these 2200nit video monitors from Amazon an I’ve been extremely impressed. It’s about $250 - less than half the price of a DJI Crystal Sky - and it is very clearly visible in blazing direct Florida sunlight.

It can use rechargeable camera batteries, but I mount it on the dashboard and power it off the boat’s batteries. The brightness is equal or better than the Lowrance and Simrad marine GPS displays also installed on the dash.

It’s got an HDMI in and HDMI out port, so you can pass the signal through to a second monitor if needed.

The only downside is that you can’t wear polarized sunglasses when it’s in the landscape orientation. I might experiment with a circular polarizer film over the screen. Does anyone know if that will help?

1 Like

Good find and thanks for the review.

Been thinking about a way for others on the boat to watch as well. I currently use the Yuneec skyview goggles. They have an HDMI input and can plug into the HDMI output from the controller.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip. You connect the screen to the HDMI output on the controller I assume …

Thank you, @travis.a.griggs for posting this. I ordered one and am really happy with it!

It works great with the HDMI out put from the JXD Trident Controller, but for some reason I can’t seem to get it to work with the USB C to HDMI adapter that plugs into my phone. I’ll continue to experiment and post what I learn, but I think this is a game changer in fallibility outdoors.

-Eric